ACCEPTABLE USE OF OUR SITE
- PROHIBITED USES
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or
- For harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which does
not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or
promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses,
Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other
harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation
of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of any
of the other provisions of these terms of Website Use.
- Not to sell goods or services through our site.
- Not to disclose the confidential information of a third party without their consent.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
− any part of our site;
− any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
− any software used in the provision of our site; or
− any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- INTERACTIVE SERVICES
Our site provides interactive services, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
• Bulletin boards.
• Video streaming/uploads.
Where we do provide any interactive service, those services are not moderated. We will not be responsible as author, editor or public of any contribution submitted to our site (“Contribution”) and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of our site by any person in contravention of these Terms. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third-party rights.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties when they use our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service considering those risks.
- CONTENT STANDARDS
These content standards apply to all contributions made to our site, and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply
to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Be relevant.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, or inflammatory.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, email address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Board, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if available, by clicking the “Report” link on the relevant Contribution. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with these Terms. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates these Terms as described below. We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
By submitting a Contribution to our site, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish, and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with these Terms, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Board, you are warranting that you have the right to grant us the nonexclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not able to grant such a licence to us, please do not submit the Contribution to our site.
- SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.